How to Create an Online Store on a Pagevamp Powered Site
- Getting Started
- Go to pagevamp.com/ecommerce and login with your Facebook account
- Click “Create a new store.”
- First Steps
- Make sure you have a title that you like, and click “Next” to continue to Geographic Settings
- Under Geographic settings, set the currency and your preferred format for displaying the currency (e.g. 15.95 or $15.95). Click “Next” to continue to Payment Settings.
- Under Payment Settings, select any of the methods that you would like to use to charge your customers:
- Cash on Delivery – You can specify a delivery range. Make sure you’re specific with the unit of measurement (km, mile, etc.). This means that the customer will pay you in cash when you deliver the product.
- Stripe – If you have a stripe account, enter your API keys here. Stripe allows customers to pay with a credit card online before they receive the item. If you want to learn how to find your Stripe API keys, click here.
- PayPal - Enter your API username, password and signature here. You must have a Paypal Business account for this. To learn how to upgrade to a business account, click here. Once you have a business account, to find your API information, click here.
- Next, specify on which page you’d like to sell your products.
- Finally, create a personalized “Thank You” message for customers who purchase something on your store. When you are finished, click “Finish” to be taken to the Ecommerce Dashboard.
- E-Commerce Dashboard
- You’ll notice that there is already a product, “T-shirt,” in the store. This is an example product to show you some of the features of the E-commerce dashboard. Don’t worry—it won’t appear on your website unless you specifically place it there (more on that later).
- Create a New Product – click “Create a new product” on the right
- Give your product a name and a unique SKU, and click “Continue.” (Note: an SKU is a product identification number to keep track of which products are being sold)
- In the box on the left, set a price for the product. If you wish to change the currency, you can click “Wizard” at the top right and you’ll be taken back to the first page to edit the initial settings for the store.
- Add a short and long description for your product.
- Click “add a product option” to add options for your product, like size or color.
- Give the option a label: color, size, etc.
- After you create an option label, you can add actual option values (e.g. small, medium, large). You can also add a price increase for the option values if you’d like.
- Make sure you press ‘Enter’ to save!
- Add photo(s) for the product. Make sure the photos make it very clear what the customer is ordering!
- In the second tab, “Orders,” you can track and manage the status of current and past orders from your online store.
- Under “Discounts,” create discount codes that you can use in marketing campaigns. You can set the name, description, and magnitude of the discount. At checkout, customers will be asked if they would like to use a discount code.
- The tab “Pages” is where you activate the store for your desired page(s).
- The tab “Settings” is where you can update the initial payment and checkout settings you created when you set up the store. The only new feature here is delivery settings.
- Delivery settings – add Delivery options for your customers to choose from, with a cost to each. Note that adding it here does not change anything about the actual delivery of the product—it merely gives customers an option at checkout. You are responsible for shipping and delivering your own products, so please make sure your delivery settings are accurate with what your organization is capable of.
- “Wizard” – this tab allows you to return to and edit the initial settings for your store.
- Putting the Store on Your Site
- Go to your account on pagevamp.com and edit the site on which you’d like to add the store
- At the top left, click “Pages.”
- New page – To create a new page for your store, select Add New Page > Custom Page, and make sure you indicate that you wish to edit your page “Now.”
- To add products to an existing page, it must be a Custom Page.
- In the page editor, next to the “Add-ons” button is a button labeled “Products.” Click this.
- Add the product(s) you wish to add to the page, and arrange them however you’d like, just as you’d arrange a photo.
- You can add all of the products on one page, or you can have a separate page for each product or groups of products
- Save your changes!
Now you're ready to sell! Once you add products to your page and save your changes, customers who visit your site will be able to purchase products on your online store. If you’d like to make changes at any time, you can visit pagevamp.com/ecommerce and edit the settings for your products, payment and delivery options.
Now, a brief walkthrough of what the customers will see when they shop on your site:
Customer experience of e-commerce walkthrough
When you first visit your site after you launch an online store, you will notice two new tabs have appeared: “Cart” and “Login/Register:
Cart - The cart is where items are saved until checkout. If you want to buy an item, click “add to cart” and it will appear in the cart. To purchase the items, simply click “Checkout” and follow the checkout steps (more on this later).
Login/Register – Once you offer products on your online store, customers can make an account on your site. If they make an account, they will be able to see their order history and save their address so they don’t have to enter it every time they make a purchase.
Buying a Product
- Once you see an item you’d like to buy, you can click on the product or click “Add to cart.”
- Select the options, if there are any, and then click “Add to cart” again.
- Now the item is in your cart. You can continue shopping and add as many items to your cart as you’d like.
- When you’re ready to checkout, click “Cart” to see the items in your cart. If there are any items you do not wish to buy, you can click “Remove” and it will remove them from the cart. You can also remove everything from the cart by pressing “Empty.”
- If you have a discount code, apply it in the box, and watch your savings take place instantly!
- When you are ready to purchase, click “Checkout.”
- If you have an account, you can log in. If not, you can make one by clicking “login/register” and entering your information. However, if you do not wish to make an account, you can click “Checkout as guest.”
- Select the method with which you would like to pay:
- Cash on Delivery – Enter your address and personal information, and pay for the item in cash when it is delivered to you
- Credit/Debit Card – Enter your address, personal information, and Credit/Debit Card information and your card will be charged
- PayPal – Login with PayPal and pay here
And that’s it! Buying products on Pagevamp powered sites is very easy. If you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org