How to Create an Online Store on a Pagevamp
1. Creating a store
On your computer, go to pagevamp.com/ecommerce and login with your Facebook account
Click “Create a new store.”
Enter your store's details.
A). Make sure you have a title that you like, and click “Next” to continue to Geographic Settings
B) Under Geographic settings, set the currency and your preferred format for displaying the currency (e.g. 15.95 or $15.95). Click “Next” to continue to Payment Settings.
C) Under Payment Settings, select any of the methods that you would like to use to charge your customers:
- Cash on Delivery – You can specify a delivery range. Make sure you’re specific with the unit of measurement (km, mile, etc.). This means that the customer will pay you in cash when you deliver the product.
- Stripe – If you have a stripe account, enter your API keys here. Stripe allows customers to pay with a credit card online before they receive the item. If you want to learn how to find your Stripe API keys, click here.
- PayPal - Enter your API username, password and signature here. You must have a Paypal Business account for this. To learn how to upgrade to a business account, click here. Once you have a business account, to find your API information, click here.
D) Next, click the page on which you’d like to sell your products.
E) Finally, create a personalized “Thank You” message for customers who purchase something on your store. When you are finished, click “Finish”.
2. Creating a product
You’ll notice that there is already a product, “T-shirt,” in the store. This is an example product to show you some of the features of the E-commerce dashboard. Don’t worry—it won’t appear on your website unless you specifically place it there (more on that later).
Click “Create a new product” on the right.
Give your product a name and a unique SKU, and click “Continue.” (Note: an SKU is a product identification number to keep track of which products are being sold)
Now fill in other details for your product:
A) In the box on the left, set a price for the product. If you wish to change the currency, you can click “Wizard” at the top right and you’ll be taken back to the first page to edit the initial settings for the store.
B) Add a short and long description for your product.
- Click “add a product option” to add options for your product, like size or color.
- Give the option a label: color, size, etc.
- After you create an option label, you can add actual option values (e.g. small, medium, large). You can also add a price increase for the option values if you’d like.
- Make sure you press ‘Enter’ to save!
D) Add photo(s) for the product. Make sure the photos make it very clear what the customer is ordering!
3. Other tabs:
Orders: In the second tab, “Orders,” you can track and manage the status of current and past orders from your online store.
Discounts: Under “Discounts,” create discount codes that you can use in marketing campaigns. You can set the name, description, and magnitude of the discount. At checkout, customers will be asked if they would like to use a discount code.
Pages: The tab “Pages” is where you activate the store for your desired page(s).
Admin: The "Admins" tab is where you can add admins for your Ecommerce dashboard.
To make someone an admin, click the 'Add Admin' button. Then enter the email address of the Facebook account that they used to login to Pagevamp. If they haven't logged into Pagevamp yet, then they cannot be added as an admin.
Once they become an admin, they will be able to add or remove products, and update other settings of your Ecommerce dashboard.
Settings: The tab “Settings” is where you can:
- update the initial payment and checkout settings you created when you set up the store.
- add Delivery options for your customers to choose from, with a cost to each. Note that adding it here does not change anything about the actual delivery of the product—it merely gives customers an option at checkout. You are responsible for shipping and delivering your own products, so please make sure your delivery settings are accurate with what your organization is capable of.
- add email addresses that should receive a notification when an order is placed on your website.
- delete your store.
- “Wizard” – this tab allows you to return to and edit the initial settings for your store.
4. Putting the store on your site
Now it is time to put your products on your website. To do that, follow the instructions at this link.
5. Customer experience of the E-commere walkthrough
When you first visit your website after you launch an online store, you will notice two new tabs have appeared in the navigation menu: “Cart” and “Login/Register:
- Once the customer sees a product they want to buy on your site, they can click on the product or click “Add to cart.”
- They'll need to select product options (if there are any), and then click “Add to cart” again.
- Now the item is in the 'Cart'. 'Cart' can be seen in your website's navigation menu.
- When the customer is ready to checkout, they click “Cart” to see the items they added to their cart. If there are any items they do not wish to buy, they can click “Remove” and it will remove them from the cart.
- When they are ready to purchase, they click “Checkout.”
- If they have an account on your site, they can log in. If not, they can make one by clicking “login/register” and entering their information. However, if they do not wish to make an account, they can click “Checkout as guest.”
- The customer then selects the payment method:
- Cash on Delivery
- Credit/Debit Card
And that’s it! Buying products on Pagevamp powered sites is very easy. If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com